When your ice box features a water and ice dispenser function, and sometimes even simply an installed ice manufacturer, a water supply valve is needed to get a handle on water entering the applying. The supply valve is normally found in the rear that is bottom of ice box behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply typically travels through copper tubing attached to the valve inlet port.
The supply valve is a component that is electrically-control inlet and socket water ports and another or maybe more solenoids.
whenever signaled with a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water with a water that is optional into the dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. With time, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can build into the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer not able to create ice and restricted, or no, water appearing out of the dispenser if the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves is not effortlessly washed or fixed, a valve that is malfunctioning be changed with a brand new one.
How exactly to change a water supply valve that is defective
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut from the water supply to your fridge.
- Pull the ice box from the wall surface.
- Unthread the screws to get rid of the reduced access panel that is rear. Take note, you may want to detach the copper tubing or water that is incoming through the inlet valve slot before you completely take away the panel.
- Detach the water that is incoming through the water supply valve inlet slot when you yourself havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to discharge water supply valve mounting bracket or plate through the ice box framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the terminals that are solenoid.
- If applicable, slide out any locking videos then depress the keeping rings to detach the socket hose or hoses through the valve ports. Be ready for some water to spill.
- If required, get rid of the water that is old valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the brand new water supply valve by aligning it from the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Fully insert the hose or hoses to the outlet ports and, if needed, slide in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Link the cable connecter or connecter to your solenoid terminals.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket from the ice box thread and frame the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it aided by the screws.
- Connect the incoming water line into the valveвЂ™s inlet slot. Then use a wrench to tighten if the water is being supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut onto the inlet port. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you may harm the tubing.
- Go the ice box straight back contrary to the wall surface.
- Turn water supply right right back on.
- Plug the power that is refrigeratorвЂ™s back.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to ensure the brand new supply valve is working correctly and there are not any leakages.
Discover the water that is right valve with fix Clinic
Since water supply valves will be different with respect to the fridge model, it is crucial to determine the exact valve that fits your ice box. To achieve this, go into the complete model amount of the applying within the fix Clinic search club, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the component category filter from the remaining side for the web page to get the matching part. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the name that is top fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll want to be sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.
Categorised in: You Could Try Tids Out
This post was written by rattan